What do we know about the phrase, 'global warming' itself? Global warming is no more prodigy in man's history. It has long made its mark on Earth ever since the eras before the arrival of Christ.
The horrendous effect is well demonstrated again at this moment of our time-a topic discussed and debated by people of all region. The global warming trend is highlighted prominently in the icy poles as well as the tropical areas.
Being a marine biologist undergrad, I'll comment on the aspects leaning towards my field. Take the coral reef for example, they are slowly giving away to the effects of global warming.

Many have not realized the damage that is taking place in the beautiful waters around the world. Partly because they do not understand the complexity in coral physiology and mainly, because they just could not see the difference between the living and the dying in an environment that they are not accustomed with.
Well, the excuse I have reasoned out?? Hmmm, I'd rather put it this way - not everybody goes underwater every day?!! [Soothes ears better]
This petition is one of the many from websites established by people around the globe in an effort to conserve the Earth. There's a candle designed to melt away when the numbers of people signing is decreasing which I personally think is a really creative motive. I give credits to the joint initiator (Philippines) ; Junior Chamber International Makati and KLIMA climate change center for their utmost concern in environmental issues.
However, I wish this is not merely efforts to gain popularity in getting people checking out their websites. Not just to beat the headlines!! Hope not since the major breakthrough is still the "Inconvenient Truth".
Out of curiosity, I've checked out the links-they are up to reversing the effects of global warming. To add on, they had establish quite a fair amount of links and interesting information at our fingertips on how to reduce our impact. I bet, none or little would care to browse on them 'coz they are too informative. It's good information and it would take quite some time to go through them.
As for me, I flipped through the headlines. But, my effort DOES NOT just stop here.
The horrendous effect is well demonstrated again at this moment of our time-a topic discussed and debated by people of all region. The global warming trend is highlighted prominently in the icy poles as well as the tropical areas.
Being a marine biologist undergrad, I'll comment on the aspects leaning towards my field. Take the coral reef for example, they are slowly giving away to the effects of global warming.

Bleaching staghorn corals
Many have not realized the damage that is taking place in the beautiful waters around the world. Partly because they do not understand the complexity in coral physiology and mainly, because they just could not see the difference between the living and the dying in an environment that they are not accustomed with.
Well, the excuse I have reasoned out?? Hmmm, I'd rather put it this way - not everybody goes underwater every day?!! [Soothes ears better]
Let us not drill further in the subject that requires more than just simple understanding. Of course, I'll find time to dig deeper into corals. It has always been my love.
However, I wish this is not merely efforts to gain popularity in getting people checking out their websites. Not just to beat the headlines!! Hope not since the major breakthrough is still the "Inconvenient Truth".
Out of curiosity, I've checked out the links-they are up to reversing the effects of global warming. To add on, they had establish quite a fair amount of links and interesting information at our fingertips on how to reduce our impact. I bet, none or little would care to browse on them 'coz they are too informative. It's good information and it would take quite some time to go through them.
As for me, I flipped through the headlines. But, my effort DOES NOT just stop here.
I've got a project to run -
I have corals to save!!!
(",)



Hi!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good reviews on WarmingSign.org :) We really appreciated it.
There will more phases for this site. We want to make it this site a community so people can exchange thoughts and ideas. We're aiming to raise 1 million signatures and lobby it to every nation through our global network of the Junior Chamber International (JCI). Not to mention for now, Vice President and Nobel Prize winner Al Gore is a JCI member.
-Louie
Greetings.
ReplyDeleteAppreciate the effort in leaving comments on the simple and yet info-lacking blog for WarmingSign.org. Thanx!
Stunning remark especially from the President himself, representing what I understood as a male-dominated community.
Either way, I hope the good effort would continue to spread the word in the upcoming phases.
Credits to you & not to me :)