Sunday, 18 November 2007

Cina 'Chibai'!!

[5.08pm]



I was standing at the gate of my house, staring at the waist-length meadow field in front of my house. The view was soothing and the weather is cool and crisp.


All of a sudden;

Hoi! Cina Chibai!!



These tormenting remarks were heard from a group of five malay teens of barely 16 years old, all attention was focused on me-still standing at the back of my gate. The useless rascals chose to gather at the back of somebody's house. Making noise and throwing rubbish everywhere dirtying the compound. Disturbing the peaceful environment in the evening.


Is that what the famous Islamic teachings here taught their offspring??


As I'm writing here, they are still making loud noises adding sarcasm to their attitude. My rented house is, about 20 metres away from them. I've been renting this house for 2 years and we, students are not permanent residents here. We don't rare dogs here and we kept ourselves low-keyed. As far as I can recall, no similar incidence had ever taken place before.


No, they did not stir up the fire in me. They just make me sick to my stomach.


I was innocently harassed verbally by a bunch of ill-mannered teens-basically malays who emphasize criticism towards chinese. This is the first time I had experienced it inside my house compound. [Let's not start counting the past].


Sadly, I did not manage to capture the most intriguing part of their idiotic actions.


I sit here, at my desk, wondering what have I done wrong instead. I'm dressed from bottom to top-T-shirts and shorts. Being inside my home, they couldn't even see what I had on myself bottom-down.


So, what is their problem?


It is either their parents lack some serious parenting skills or they have no guardians at all. But, why the emphasis on chinese and the usage of chinese vulgar language on me? I don't think the pressure of the upcoming elections are on these kiddo, but, perhaps on their guardians. Do they have any idea what shit just passed through their filthy mouths??


It is actually a serious offence. These kiddos don't know what kind of trouble they are inviting. If these kind of attitude to be persist, the status of a peaceful multi-racial society would be interrupted. I held no grudge towards people of other races-my group of friends are malay-dominated and they come from various states. But, they are nothing like this. Plus, we live in harmony with each other. But, a crime like this challenges my mind and interrupted my thoughts.


The permanent citizens live very sedentary lifestyle here and kept very low profile. They learnt to establish good connections with the dominant race here and in some cases, vice versa. But, their children could only been seen in chinese schools in town.



Weird huh? There seems to be a safety barrier in terms of relations.


In Terengganu, the opposition lost in the previous election. Ever since the new government took charge, things over here drastically changed. Banners put up to intimidate the government of large sum projects while the government fight back with bigger advertisement boards telling the people of their victorious cum development-based projects [why 62 mosque suddenly?? necessary??].


There has not been much of development here aside from the increase of prices and more eye sore upgrading projects. Of course, the opposition would take the opportunity to slap the current dominating party for their money-eating habits. Being exceptionally traditional and narrow-minded, they blame the new development brought along cultural shock into the society. more scantily dressed ladies and more khalwat cases by the beach!


Nonsense!!
What to say about Kelantan then?? It is still under the opposition.



When your religion breakdown together with your people;
pointing fingers at others would not help solving weak beliefs.



The people here, must know what they want. There are many tactics practised by the current government in order to win, no matter how ugly it could be. Dragging your citizens into fire are risking peace and understanding towards a colourful society.


The citizens must only open their eyes and speak out for their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment