Monday, 1 November 2010

The difference between my neighbour and I

Ackley, Sophie and TT


Ackley : Hey TT, this is Sophie.

Sophie : Hi. [and looked elsewhere]

TT : Hi Sophie!! Erm, hello! [confused]
TT : Are you from HKU?

Sophie : Mm. [and looked away]

Ackley : Sophie's from Biological Sciences. [trying to connect dots]

TT : Ok. [smile]

TT : So, you're a grad student from HK?

Sophie : I'm half Australian. Half Singaporean.

TT : Oh, I see. [smile]

Sophie : You?? YOu are M'sia right??? [eyes rolled]

TT : Yeah, I'm your neighbour. [calmly]

Sophie : Ah. That's what I thought. You can't be S'porean. You're too polite. [look who's talking]

TT : [smile]

-pointless chatter took place over wine between the three. 90% of the time, Sophie was all over Ackley.

Sophie : Hey, let's go grab dinner, shall we? [looking entirely at Ackley]

Ackley : Sure! [who have been looking at TT all the time]

Sophie : great [still looking at Ackley]

TT : Great! Then you guys can go ahead without me. I've other dinner to attend to.

Ackley : Awww... too bad... You sure?

Sophie : [failed to hide her wide curved lips] Really??!!

TT : Yup, you guys have fun. [smile]
TT : Nice to meet you Sophie [smileeeeeee]
TT : Take care!

Sophie : You too. [mimicking a cat's purring]
Sophie : Ok! Let's go. [aimed at Ackley]
Sophie : Bye.

In the end, TT could not retrieved her rolling head...

oh, by the way, Ackley is a blond American.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, is this for real? you are too kind to her..
    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth darling~

    *Rwarrr!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. =)
    Sophie and TT met again today.

    TT : Hi Sophie! [smile]
    Sophie : Hi...... [trying to be excited]
    TT : So, you're going to speak at the conference tomorrow?
    Sophie : Yeah....... [trying to be friendly]
    TT : [smile]

    Hmm.... Is TT really that irritating??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing we are polite :-) Forget about Sophie - it's just plain not worth it.

    Jessie

    ReplyDelete