Friday, 21 May 2010

Female in the male league

Very few can guess what I do when I go to work.

Specifically, nobody can believe what I did when I work.



My recent work took place at various mangrove locations in Borneo.
  • Planning fieldwork.
  • Exploring virgin mangroves.
  • Assisting sampling.
  • Purchasing equipments.
  • Implementing ideas.
  • Learned about land surveying.
  • Snapping pictures.
  • Middle person.
  • Communicate with officers, staffs and labourers.
  • Representing the university.
  • Entertaining officials.
  • Showing foreigner around.
  • Filtering cigarette smokes.
  • Paying for meals.

I have a team of man collaborating with the fieldwork. Most of the time, their expectation will underestimate me. Or they just have the tendency to neglect my presence. But I do not mind because I do have the mindset that both sexes are equal. Or at least, shown to be so. Those man eventually respected my contribution and how I take my stand.

That makes my work revolving around MAN all the time. Possibly because few woman are as interested as I am in doing what I do.

I found that I can do personal assistant, secretary, clerk, manager, interpreter, translator, surveyor, photographer, research assistant, food decision-maker, labourer, map reader, slide manager, peacemaker, financial planner, accountant, marketing officer, IT, 2nd-hand smoker and babysitter - ALL AT ONCE.

I am basically drained out with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment