Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Mongoose drowned in cages

Disastrous effects of flood in Kuala Lumpur.

KUALA LUMPUR: Flash floods following a downpour resulted in a massive traffic jam along Jalan Bangsar heading towards Brickfields yesterday evening.

Among them was an exotic pet shop, where carcasses of mongooses lay motionless in cages. From the watermarks on the wall it was obvious that the floodwaters had risen and drowned the creatures.


Poor thing. This is heart-wrenching. Enough to cause a tear. I cannot help but imagine how they were stucked in small wired cages, screaming their heads off, begging to be released, jumping up and down watching the water level rise, mercilessly get sunken along with their pretty hefty 'coffins'.....

These are pictures of mongoose normally traded as exotic pets for their dare-devil abilities to capture snakes and rodents.






Source : NubbyRat





Exotic wildlife trade. A necessity? To whom it may be?


Yes, I have always been against animal trade and captive breed. If you really want to keep an animal, might as well adopt from shelter and nurture them for good. To encourage disruption towards nature's ecosystem is something man should not interfere with.
Enough is enough. Treat each life on Earth with respect if you expect some from them.


"They are sooooo cute."
"These creatures are so adorable."
"I wanna have it because I had always dreamt of one."
"I don't care, I'm buying!"
"Well, they are only animals, who cares??!"



STOP WILDLIFE TRADE!

I care, that's all that counts.




2 comments:

  1. qute nyer binatang dlm gambar-mengkarung sesat

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute kan... jap!!

    ade kat uma ko ke??!!!

    DIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete