Monday, 24 March 2008

Weekend Snapshot : Craving Snowflakes In The Tropics




Whew! The weather is really hot this few days. Barely any clouds in the sky to block out radiations emitted by the holy Sun. It is getting warmer by the end of the day with clouds gathering above our heads. Well, you see, by studying the clouds and the interaction taking place in the atmosphere, we'll come to understand the theory behind it!

Says who??


I took up Meteorology this semester and I find the atmospheric process quite an amazing one. Understanding the complexity within and how it revolves Earth and its living components, Sun and layers of extended atmosphere. Basically, I had hate physics, chemistry and mathematics all my life. But, as I have moved on in life, I find that these are the fundamentals that complete the balance created for us. Meteorology is much align to that. The application of theories make the studious process more intriguing for me!

Seriously, people in the tropics hunger for snows all their lives especially when the Sun is admirably hot. Not that we want them here forever! Being tropical is heavenly good at times, not when global warming sets in. That paints a really different picture then....

We wanted to step on inches of snow and feel its awe. We wanted to taste the icy water and let it melt in our mouth. We wanted to freeze in the open and had no idea of what hypothermia brings. We wanted to see flakes form on our windows and take dozens of picture of it.


Courtesy of 7-Eleven Slurpee!

I wish that they are for real....






No comments:

Post a Comment