I had long realized that awareness always begins back home - be it environment, animals etc. All of us, started, - family first.To make our family members understand and accept a change in their life is never easy. Then again, there's always a shot.
My heart have always felt a certainty for every creature on Earth (exclude snakes, PLEASE!!!); with a huge chunk of love for animals, I've always wanted to be the heroin and provide an animal shelter for each and every one of them. And my dream just stopped there.
I can't save every single creature on Earth. But, I was really glad when mum opened her heart and gave me a leeway ONCE. It took quite some spin and eventually, she ended up adorably well with my cats now. Read up my post on Companion.
My love for animals are never less. I had never overlook their needs to survive alongside with humans. It would be surprising if I say that I had never been to SPCA. The fact that there are so many animals suffering from depriving needs really ache me. I'm just too afraid that I'll transport everything back and my house would be a zoo!! I can be so carried away and irresponsibly neglect the needs of my family. If you happen to drop by, you may as well sign this petition to protect cruelty towards these poor animals. Good to go people!
Last year, I adopted Coffee. An adorable Siamese-mixed-origin cat found loitering among rubbish bins. I suppose that she caught me right at the moment. She was trying to purr at me but she was just too weak. Her body was left skin and bones with scratches all over. I had made 5 visits to the same area over and over again before I made up my mind to bring her home. It took her 1 second to recognize her 'kin' as she leap into my arms.
And, there she is. Happily trailing me every single day. Nursed and cared for.
***
My heart have always felt a certainty for every creature on Earth (exclude snakes, PLEASE!!!); with a huge chunk of love for animals, I've always wanted to be the heroin and provide an animal shelter for each and every one of them. And my dream just stopped there.
I can't save every single creature on Earth. But, I was really glad when mum opened her heart and gave me a leeway ONCE. It took quite some spin and eventually, she ended up adorably well with my cats now. Read up my post on Companion.
My love for animals are never less. I had never overlook their needs to survive alongside with humans. It would be surprising if I say that I had never been to SPCA. The fact that there are so many animals suffering from depriving needs really ache me. I'm just too afraid that I'll transport everything back and my house would be a zoo!! I can be so carried away and irresponsibly neglect the needs of my family. If you happen to drop by, you may as well sign this petition to protect cruelty towards these poor animals. Good to go people!
***
Last year, I adopted Coffee. An adorable Siamese-mixed-origin cat found loitering among rubbish bins. I suppose that she caught me right at the moment. She was trying to purr at me but she was just too weak. Her body was left skin and bones with scratches all over. I had made 5 visits to the same area over and over again before I made up my mind to bring her home. It took her 1 second to recognize her 'kin' as she leap into my arms.
And, there she is. Happily trailing me every single day. Nursed and cared for.


***
Those fairy-tale moments just don't last that long as I break the news back at home.
Whoa!!! Sigh...
I knew it is going to be another family issue. The same goes for just about every animal lover who shelters strays at home. It takes a lot of effort and consensus to agree adopting an animal especially if they are strays. The cost to maintain the animal's welfare, the attention and the hygienic issues.
Bring her back?
When it comes to animals, I don't even have a second thought. I just cant imagine the fact that leaving them behind would create less guilty feeling than bringing them home. Well, I think that she have the persona that would probably make my parents and sisters drool too!
Put her up for adoption?
Not bad, if there's anyone willing to love and nurture her well, why not?!! But, of course, there's quite a number of things to be considered. Not just the financial stability but there are the family agreement, the passion shared, the attention sought after and given and etc. Yeah, an interview would be splendid. Just like how they handle it in SPCA.
Leave her behind?
Nevertheless, this jewel of mine would rather stay with me. I've tried bringing her over to my friends, but these Siamese are known to be attached to a particular individual - in this case, me! *blushing*. She's just as great as my other cats and even better. She bonds tightly with me and obeys my instructions well.
It takes a lot of effort to adopt an animal. I've got a couple of friends who buys pets from pet shops just because they are adorable and later, they found out they are unable to give the pet equal amount of attention, so they give up on the pets. Sadly, there is a huge number of them. Take a ride down to SPCA and you'll SEE what I mean.
Some are put to sleep, some struggling to survive and some begging to be taken home. Why buy when there are a whole lot waiting for you to adopt? When you buy, you encourage the market for breeding - UNCONTROLLABLY! And what to do with the extras? Put to sleep? Animal testing? Or, let out as strays? *shrugged at the thought of it*.
Yes, they might not look inviting to you at the shelter, heck, they don't have enough people to even manage the place! Set aside the skeptical part of us and try to chip in to help.
Many might not realize that the shelter are crowded and many a times they had to discard sick animals to give place for new-coming ones. People just keep on bringing in poor animals for them. Lack of volunteers render it difficult for them to control the shelter by all means. My brother-in-law makes it a duty to portal stray puppies and kittens over to SPCA and hope that responsible citizens would do their part too.
As for my cat... I'm not one of those who would packed the shelter, nor would I be willing to agree on putting her to sleep at this tender age. As I gradually persuade and double my effort, I believe it'll be convincing enough to have her around.
Then again, I really need a part time job ASAP!
Bring her back?
When it comes to animals, I don't even have a second thought. I just cant imagine the fact that leaving them behind would create less guilty feeling than bringing them home. Well, I think that she have the persona that would probably make my parents and sisters drool too!
Put her up for adoption?
Not bad, if there's anyone willing to love and nurture her well, why not?!! But, of course, there's quite a number of things to be considered. Not just the financial stability but there are the family agreement, the passion shared, the attention sought after and given and etc. Yeah, an interview would be splendid. Just like how they handle it in SPCA.
Leave her behind?
Nevertheless, this jewel of mine would rather stay with me. I've tried bringing her over to my friends, but these Siamese are known to be attached to a particular individual - in this case, me! *blushing*. She's just as great as my other cats and even better. She bonds tightly with me and obeys my instructions well.
It takes a lot of effort to adopt an animal. I've got a couple of friends who buys pets from pet shops just because they are adorable and later, they found out they are unable to give the pet equal amount of attention, so they give up on the pets. Sadly, there is a huge number of them. Take a ride down to SPCA and you'll SEE what I mean.
Some are put to sleep, some struggling to survive and some begging to be taken home. Why buy when there are a whole lot waiting for you to adopt? When you buy, you encourage the market for breeding - UNCONTROLLABLY! And what to do with the extras? Put to sleep? Animal testing? Or, let out as strays? *shrugged at the thought of it*.
Yes, they might not look inviting to you at the shelter, heck, they don't have enough people to even manage the place! Set aside the skeptical part of us and try to chip in to help.
Many might not realize that the shelter are crowded and many a times they had to discard sick animals to give place for new-coming ones. People just keep on bringing in poor animals for them. Lack of volunteers render it difficult for them to control the shelter by all means. My brother-in-law makes it a duty to portal stray puppies and kittens over to SPCA and hope that responsible citizens would do their part too.
***
As for my cat... I'm not one of those who would packed the shelter, nor would I be willing to agree on putting her to sleep at this tender age. As I gradually persuade and double my effort, I believe it'll be convincing enough to have her around.
Then again, I really need a part time job ASAP!
![[ SIGN the PETITION ]](http://www.spca.org.my/petition/images/petition07.gif)

bwekkkk!! i dun like her!!! huhuuh..
ReplyDeletehaha, that's a challenge!
ReplyDeletebut you prove to be a good practice for me. maybe we can start with you first?
:D