Friday, 18 January 2008

Youth '08 - Setting an Insight on Compatible M'sians


This event attracted youths from many a kind. People at my age are the important assets for the nation. Of course, they are the ones that choose whether to listen or not, spread the message across, show their support in things they believe and of course, the hopes for our future.

The event organizers even come our with innovative agendas to ignite the potential in our youths. There are a series of activities that compel people to showcase their achievements (such as blogging, websites, music, fashion, photography etc). If you think you are not cool, think again!

I must say, it is quite late for me to promote the event to you guys. I had probably assumed that everyone had already get the news first-hand before me. Surf up if you guys feel like digging up this whole rugged idea.


The more I looked at this poster, the more I am at loss of the sense of belonging. Why? Hmmm, to me, the header seems a lil' intimidated with the images of the youth posers. I don't see any Malaysian!!! In case they had trouble shooting pix of anyone of us here, I'm sure our freelance models have their cellphones switched on 24-7.


I thought the whole agenda was focusing on M'sia only, and this made me really confused. I don't want to be a hypocrite with the thought of impersonating the westerners just because we want to show our compatibility. Well, the stubborn aspect of my perspective had long haunt my history; mostly because of my liking in being a proud Asian.


However, the effort of bringing up the future generations to the eye of the world is really fantastic-at least, now our youths had aims in their struggle. Maybe Mat Rempits found their way in promoting their street dance skills instead! Who knows, the Asian way rocks too! (",)


Anyway, I'm so eager to attend this fun and happening thing in PWTC. Heck, I have bundles of work to continue. I bet, if I'm at KL, I'll be hanging out with cool youths out there. So, join in the fun while you still can and brief me about it!

Youths... I'm so appreciating my age!


No comments:

Post a Comment