Saturday, 27 October 2007

Some things can be Impossible

Once, I lived by a motto;



"Nothing Is Impossible"





I think I scared most of my friends away. The fact that I never recognise defeat and failure. My aim? Simple. There's nothing in this world that we can't do. Unwillingly, many succumbed to my cruel judgement. Penalised for their trust in me. I think my friends and my juniors were the victims of my actions where I pushed everybody to do their job towards perfection. Pathetic huh? Struggling with burdening matters and hectic schedule, I thank God that I finally managed to graduate from high school with unexpected results. Let's just say, I was all tensed up with all the responsibility in hands.



I was everywhere and almost everything. I was exhausted.



I devoted my teenage life to activities in school-you name it. From sports to journalism, language, music, event, art, entertainment, etc. Hyper-involvement or should I say, busybody? But, never in academics. I was too occupied with planning and managing that I abandon everything else for that purpose-yeah, including my meals. See, I was already a trained workaholic even in high school [let's not go to primary days, ok?]. My friends were either forced or trying to play along with me. Some who saw where I was heading adviced me to take a breather for myself and secretly charmed my dull days.



I learnt the most during my schooling days. Handling surprising matters, communication breakdown, delivery of speech, socialising with superiors and demanding teachers, mantaining safe relationships, bearing huge responsibilities, picking up myself after facing political failure, to strike and to poise, control crowds under my supervision, making clear of my intentions, perform well and of course, never breaking down. I was so egoistic and obsessed with my workscope that I almost became 'the undefeatable!!!'. Sarcastic me.



I felt so sorry for those souls that I've hurt along the way; there's no compensation. But, you guys taught me alot.



History : I've never know my limits and boundaries. There's no limitation as to where I couldn't reach. I don't even know what am I trying to prove!



I had never learn balancing my own life. I bore a scary look those days. Teenage life was suppose to be carefree and fun. I was so scary that people either U-turn and walk the different direction to avoid me or they pretended that I had not passed them by. Saddening right? Mainly due to all my high remarks in school. Looking back, it means very little to me now. Yeah, that was the good ol' days.



One regret, I did not have the chance to enjoy my teenage life. It took me quite awhile to recover my own composure after high school. To find and verify my roots. Seeking compassion. Nevertheless, my passion does not die off fast [I blame it on the motto!!!]. I modified my composure and tried to venture things differently. I seeked, I tried, I am still trying.



Life is never easy on me, but it was not easier on anyone else. I'm gratified.



Now, bits of me still hold on strongly to some of my past. Scary huh? You judge! (",)




Lots of catching up to do nowadays.

2 comments:

  1. erm.......honestly, when i first met u(i mean when v r in same class), i'm very impressed with u. Yes, d word 'undefeatable' is reli suit u. During f6, u reli scared me off...u r too demanding. But amazingly, u had changed after u enter varsity. Tis makes me feel curious to know wat had happen to u at varsity...(maybe u met sum1 special?)....but most important things is u had change to be a better person....(i hope i can be like u too) ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa... a straight-fwded blow to me! haha. thanks peifong, for the constructive commentary. and, no.... i did not find somebody special that changes my perspective... i had rather say, i found something special and lost something precious in d same way too...

    ReplyDelete