Saturday, 21 August 2010

'Playing' comes with a price

Referring back to my post on 'I'm paid to play'.

I should make it clear to everyone, that playing comes with a price.
This is especially true for me, as per my personal life is under serious stress alert. I was alarmed with the state of jeopardy I was in, even before the Vietnam work trip. But, the courage to overcome it, was tremendously stressful - when your life, career and future is put to risk.

Let's say...
I was not ready to lose anything I built for 11months. But, I am again, the fighter.

***

I was paid to spend 6days in Nha Thrang - dive, listen, talk, organize and smile. I was fed well. I slept well. I was fetched everywhere. I fly with the good airlines. I had serious fun being underwater, where I felt totally in peace with no interception from anyone. And DM can't dive. And I am assured, that I would be safe.

It seemed like a too-good-to-refuse offer..

I camouflaged well in terms of my working relationship with DM. I'm not a personal attacker. And I don't mix personal life with work. Unfortunately, I was working alone on 'that'.

In the end..
I was told I did a pretty good job as a PhD candidate coming from next-to-nothing during Vietnam. I was told I am competent. And I was invited to visit the best marine research institute in the world.

***

But..
I am not happy.
For no obvious reasons, I felt that I'm being traded.



No comments:

Post a Comment