Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Auntie ah.. Just biscuits, not BRIBE!

Janitor Aunty : Morning, haven't seen you around lately?

TT : Hello Aunty, morning! Yup, I went back to my hometown for a fieldwork. How have you been?

Janitor Aunty : Old times. Lots of cleaning and running around.

TT : Hey Aunty, these are for you. Just some biscuits I brought from home. Thank you for cleaning my room.

Janitor Aunty : CANNOT!!!!!!

TT : *shocked and surprised [thought I just hit a taboo!!]* Err... What happened Aunty?

Janitor Aunty : I'd need to report to the management if I'm presented with gifts. NO NO!!!

TT : *sweat big time* Ok.......

4 comments:

  1. Serious??? :P Thank god I only left a thank Q note the other day... Wonder what mine will do if I present them with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... this applies to everything else. I think their culture lack of 'ziarah-menziarahi, sayangilah jiran anda, hemah tinggi, semangat bermasyarakat, ' and etc. I'm not giving up on them, coz I am a MALAYSIAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...
    maybe they want to be 'bersih, cekap & amanah, akauntabiliti, integriti, profesional etc'
    hope u don't end up at the corruption office!!! Hongkie mah... Not sure if it's left over from British rule or the influence of China. :P

    ReplyDelete