08-08-08
This auspicious date had me thinking about lots of typical Chinese traditional beliefs in ways to celebrate this special day!! Buying lotteries? Getting engaged? Call up mahjong kaki for a few rounds of betting? Carve each other's name on the bark of a tree? Message in a bottle?
No. 8 [Cantonese : 'pat', Mandarin : 'pa'] is a special number in Chinese customs believed to bring auspicious meaning - prosperity, ['Cantonese : fatt', Mandarin : 'fa']. So, I browse to see what special events held in conjunction to this day.
080808.com.my is a site created in Malaysia to mark the day. It is in the form of a mosaic announcement with tiny pictures of people who joined the movement. How creative?!! This site also hosted campaign in support of the global climate change. All you have to do is make a pledge on what you want to do today to help combat climate change. Make a Mark for Climate Change!!!
Well, I don't think it serves as an informative site in issues regarding climate change for surfers to browse at. However, it is a good start for those who are starting to pay attention to the global agenda. For those who are already abreast with the current updates, sites like these remind us of our individual role in helping the environment.
Basically, I think everybody's hook up to the Opening Ceremony of Beijing Olympics tonight. Mind to share? I doubt if I'm able to get a glimpse of it.
No. 8 [Cantonese : 'pat', Mandarin : 'pa'] is a special number in Chinese customs believed to bring auspicious meaning - prosperity, ['Cantonese : fatt', Mandarin : 'fa']. So, I browse to see what special events held in conjunction to this day.
080808.com.my is a site created in Malaysia to mark the day. It is in the form of a mosaic announcement with tiny pictures of people who joined the movement. How creative?!! This site also hosted campaign in support of the global climate change. All you have to do is make a pledge on what you want to do today to help combat climate change. Make a Mark for Climate Change!!!
Well, I don't think it serves as an informative site in issues regarding climate change for surfers to browse at. However, it is a good start for those who are starting to pay attention to the global agenda. For those who are already abreast with the current updates, sites like these remind us of our individual role in helping the environment.
Basically, I think everybody's hook up to the Opening Ceremony of Beijing Olympics tonight. Mind to share? I doubt if I'm able to get a glimpse of it.
Enjoy 080808!
cool nu headboard!! love d pic!
ReplyDeleteyeap... auspicious huh... hehe...
neway, im currently watching d opening ceremony....
one word
spectacular!
Thanks a lot al! I had a glimpse of it too. As you mentioned, SPECTACULAR!
ReplyDeleteErm, I think the pixie is just momentarily. Wait til I find something... better? Haha. Thanks neway.
Hey! Great header graphics you've got there! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for that bit of info in this entry. It's good to know... ;)
Hope everything's good with you, dear... Take care, all right?
And have a great weekend! :)
*hugs*
hello foxy lady!
ReplyDeletearen't you suppose to be busy revising?! well, either way, i'm still glad to have you visiting my blog often. :)
gracias!!