Saturday, 5 July 2008

The Spark of a New Semester


Oh, I used to look forward to this time of the year.

Result slips.
New stickers.
Busy schedule.
Bold security guards.

A stack of bills.
Spider webs.
Dust and sneezing.
Mold and fungus.

Cars or bikes.
New trendy styles.
New couples.
Latest gossips.



It is surprising how time flies and how much we wanted to turn back those times. At times, university life may not turn out as fun as we thought it could be, but it also marks the best time of our lives if we manage to see out of it.


One that we can only linger on awhile.
One that brought people together and shattered them apart.
One that enable you to fall and guide you up again.
One that became our stepping stone towards the outside world.
One that enables the impossible to finally become possible.


Now, I have to get accustomed watching undergrads striding cross my front gate, rushing to their respective lectures in the morning. Just a reminiscence of who I was just a few months back.



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You look forward to bills, spiderwebs, dust and sneezing, and mold and fungus?? Hehe... Now there's something you don't hear everyday! ;p

    By the way, I left a reply to your comment in my blog! :D

    Cheers, dear... ;)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete